It is contraindicated at this stage to go on a trip to Mexico. The Minister of Foreign Affairs advises ” to defer until further notice any non-essential travel “ in the country.
→ FILE. A summer under Covid: the answers to your questions about vacations
If you still want to go there, the conditions will depend on your vaccination status. Mexico being classified in “orange” on the basis of health indicators, the ministry recalls that, for people not vaccinated, “International travel between France and Mexico remains subject to the justification of a compelling reason” – visiting his family is not one of them. The certificate must be completed on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.
If you are vaccinated, the rules change: you will not have to provide a compelling reason for leaving French territory. Finally, know that it is not compulsory to take a negative PCR test to travel to Mexicowhether or not you received both doses of the vaccine. However, the test will be necessary to be able to return to France.
The list of compelling reasons to go to an orange country when you are not vaccinated
– Foreign national returning to their country.
– Death of a family member in direct line (grandparents, parents, children, brothers and sisters) or visit to a person whose prognosis is committed for family members in the direct line.
– Travel within the framework of the exercise of a right of custody recognized by court decision.
– Summons by a judicial or administrative authority.
– Legal or economic impossibility of remaining in the territory.
– Participation in a university exchange program.
– Vital medical emergency.
– Missions essential to the pursuit of an economic activity.
– Health or research professional contributing to the fight against Covid-19.
– One-off missions linked to the exercise of public authority prerogatives.
– High level professional athlete.