We immediately make a point on the news:
• #BUFFALO An 18-year-old white man opened fire yesterday in a supermarket in New York State, killing at least ten people, the majority of them African-Americans. The authorities denounce a new racist killing of a white supremacist. The killer, who was heavily armed, was immediately arrested on the spot, initially prosecuted for “premeditated murder” and imprisoned.
• #WEATHER REPORT Météo France placed six departments on orange alert this morning, from Normandy to the Loire Valley, due to thunderstorms expected in the afternoon, while a large part of the rest of the country finds itself on yellow alert for the same reason.
• #EUROVISION Ukraine’s victory in the Eurovision Song Contest shows “the huge public support” which benefits the country attacked by Russia, judge the Deputy Secretary General of NATO, Mircea Geoana. Thanks to viewers’ votes, the Kalush Orchestra, whose song Stefania mixes hip-hop and traditional music, won the European competition. France arrived penultimate with the group Alvan & Ahez.
• Polling stations opened for the first few legislative elections since Lebanon has been devastated by many crises. Some 3.9 million voters are called to ballot to renew the 128 members of Parliament. Final results are expected tomorrow.
• The Finland must formalize its candidacy for NATO todaybefore a decisive meeting of the ruling party in Sweden with a view to a probable request for joint membership of the two countries.