“All options are on the table at this point,” announced on Wednesday. the Santa Fe prosecutor in charge of the investigation into the tragedy that occurred during the shooting of the film “Rust” last week.
Reading time : 1 min.
Will Alec Baldwin find himself in the box of the accused? Criminal proceedings against the American actor, author of the fatal shot that killed Halyna Hutchins, are not excluded at this stage, said Wednesday (October 27th) the prosecutor in charge of the investigation into the accidental live ammunition which has killed the director of photography during the shooting of the movie “Rust”.
“All options are on the table at this point” and “no one is excluded” regarding possible prosecutions, Santa Fe, New Mexico, prosecutor Mary Carmack-Altwies said at a press conference. “He was the one who fired the weapon”, said Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza.
Ammunition found at the location of the filming will be analyzed by a laboratory of the Federal Police (FBI), as well as the deadly projectile fired by Alec Baldwin, which ended up in the shoulder of the director of the western, Joel Souza, also injured during this tragedy. “We’re going to figure out how (this live ammunition) got on set, why it was there, because it shouldn’t have been there.”, stressed the sheriff.
No arrests have taken place at this stage and witness hearings are continuing. In addition to actor Alec Baldwin, who also had the title of executive producer on the film, other protagonists of the drama could also be called into question by justice, such as assistant director Dave Halls, who had handed over the lethal weapon to the actor for the rehearsal of a scene.