Most of the people are troubled by the cracking of lips in every season. There is also pain here due to cracking of the lips. The skin on your lips does not have oil glands as compared to other parts of the body, that is, it cannot release sebum like the rest of the skin. Hence your lips are hypersensitive and get dry easily. The winter season makes this problem worse. Quickly snatches away their moisture from the lips, due to which the lips become cracked. Apart from this, frequent licking of lips also causes cracking of lips, so you can make lip balm at home to take care of your lips. Let us know its benefits and method of preparation.
Ingredients for making lip balm at home
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Castor oil – 1 tbsp
- Shea Butter – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- 10 to 12 drops of essential oil (lemon/orange/lavender)
- Beet Powder – 1/4 tsp
How to make lip balm at home
- Melt coconut oil, castor oil and shea butter using double boiler method.
- Once the oil melts well, take the pan off the flame.
- Now add essential oil according to your choice, honey and beet powder.
- Mix it well and pour it into a small container with a lid.
- Let it set in the fridge or leave it out overnight.
- After the mixture is frozen, use it.
Benefits of homemade lip balm
- Coconut oil helps to repair and moisturize chapped lips.
- Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which helps in retaining moisture in the skin.
- Shea butter is a healing agent for dry lips and reduces cracking.
- Honey acts as an exfoliator and can protect chapped lips from infection.
- The essential oil has an anti-inflammatory property and has an antiseptic effect that soothes the inflammation of chapped lips.
- After all this, beet powder gives a light pink color to the lips.
read this also-
Drink water in this way, many problems of the body will be overcome
Is your partner angry with you? So celebrate this way
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator