World Mosquito Day 2021: World Mosquito Day is celebrated every year on 20 August to spread awareness about mosquito-borne diseases. This day marks the breakthrough discovery of a British doctor Sir Ronald Ross in 1897. They found that malaria is transmitted between humans through the bite of a female mosquito. This year’s theme is ‘Reaching Zero Target of Malaria’. Mosquitoes are responsible for spreading deadly diseases like dengue, zika virus, chikungunya and malaria. According to a survey conducted on the world’s most dangerous animals, mosquitoes unexpectedly found a place at the top of the list.
History and Significance of World Mosquito Day
The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine has been organizing an annual event to commemorate the contribution of the British doctor since 1930. This day has great importance on the health industry, which ensures the safety of human beings. According to the most recent figures, 435,000 people die every year from malaria.
Similarly, 219 million people are expected to come under its influence every year. People living in non-hazardous places are especially not aware of the seriousness of the problem. Malaria is currently present in more than 100 countries. The basic and important step in combating the problem of mosquito-borne diseases is to take protective measures to avoid mosquito bites.
Measures to prevent mosquito borne disease
- Getting rid of water Moist areas and places with stagnant water provide breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Make sure to avoid the increase in the number of mosquitoes.
- Keep your surroundings dry and clean. Take care of holes and slits where water can collect.
- Remove rain water stagnation in open space. Jam gutters and flat roofs should be checked and cleaned regularly without any clearance.
- Protect your home- Many germs including mosquitoes are attracted to dark and dirty environment. Make sure that the living spaces in the house are light and clean.
- Secure your sleep Mosquito bites can make it difficult to protect yourself during sleep. Take precautions before sleeping for a good night’s sleep.
- You can use a mosquito net and cover the bed to prevent mosquito bites.
Iron deficiency can cause anemia, complete blood loss with these natural things
After getting Kovid-19 vaccine, a child became a millionaire in Singapore, know what is the matter
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator