Sun Worship: It is known in the scriptures that the sun is the friend of the world. One of the three eyes of Lord Mahadev has been given the analogy of the Sun. The Sun God is the only one in this world who is directly visible to us. In our Sanatan Dharma, there is Panchdev worship, above all Lord Ganesha worship, Shiva worship, Vishnu worship, Goddess Durga worship and Surya worship. If you worship any god, first of all it is very important to worship the sun. Without worshiping the sun, the full fruit of any worship is not obtained. Worship of Sun God and Arghya should be given daily. Lord Surya is dear to Arghya. Surya should be worshiped daily throughout life. Even during the time of Sutak, one should not stop giving water to the Sun even mentally.
Right place to offer Arghya to Surya
Arghya should be offered to Suryanarayan near the reservoir, river etc. If you cannot reach the reservoir or river everyday, then standing in clean land should offer Arghya to the Sun. One can worship Surya by standing on the roof or balcony of the house from where the sun is visible.
method of offering arghya to the sun
- When you offer Arghya to the Sun God, it should be offered through the Anjali of both hands, but while offering Arghya, it should be kept in mind that our index finger and thumb should not touch each other. Otherwise the worship done does not yield any fruit because this mudra has been called demonic posture.
- There is a provision to offer Arghya using a lota of copper or bronze. Gangajal, red sandalwood, flowers etc. should be put in the water. This increases the importance of water even more. Arghya should be offered to the Sun three times and each time one should circumambulate each time while offering Arghya. By doing this, God’s blessings always remain on you and with his blessings all the works are completed.
- While offering Arghya to the Sun God in the morning, raising the right heel and looking at the rising Sun from the middle of the stream of water, it is very auspicious to offer Arghya.
- Arghya should be offered only by facing east, even if for some reason you do not see it directly, yet it should be considered mentally visible.
- After offering Arghya, water must be applied in your eyes. Some people leave water on the pot of Tulsi. But doing so is very harmful.
- While offering Arghya, care should be taken that water should not be splashed on the body and feet.
- Giving water to the rising sun is fruitful, that is, water should be given only for 2 hours after the sun rises.
- After offering Arghya, Namaskar should be done by standing straight and bowing the head.
- Chanting Gayatri Mantra while offering Arghya is highly fruitful. At least 3 circumambulation or 7 circumambulation should be done in sun worship.
- One should not worship God by wiping the limb with any cloth and wearing the same cloth.
Chanakya Niti: In 2022, start the new year with these things of Chanakya, success will kiss
Mercury Transit: Mercury moves to Jupiter’s house, Gemini people will have to maintain true friendship, and Sagittarius people will have to plan