Vaccines against Covid-19: Olivier Véran announces the opening of the second booster dose for people aged 60 and over


However, this new booster dose is not mandatory.

Article written by

Published

Update

Reading time : 1 min.

It was previously reserved for people aged 80 and over, as well as immunocompromised people. “We will be able to open the second booster dose [des vaccins contre le Covid-19] for French people aged 60 and over, if they are six months from their last booster injection”, announced the Minister of Health, Olivier Véran, Thursday, April 7 on RTL. However, this new reminder is not mandatory and only concerns “the volunteers”.

This additional injection is open to people who have already received a first booster dose after their primary vaccination (which corresponds to two injections for double-dose vaccines such as those from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, or just one for the Janssen single-dose vaccine) , says the Ministry of Health. She “reduces the risk of hospitalization, resuscitation and death by 80%” when you are 60 and over, said Olivier Véran. “At the moment it concerns 500,000 French. In total, this new reminder may affect 18 million people, according to RTL. The Minister of Health guaranteed that France had “widely stocks” to vaccinate all those affected by this new enlargement.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *