World Sleep Day 2021: Getting 7-9 hours of sleep is important for your overall health. Experts say that currently about 35 percent people are unable to sleep well at night due to stress and busy schedule. World Sleep Day is celebrated every year on 19 March. On this occasion, know why you need a good sleep time.
Sleeping is an important task that relaxes your mind and cleans your body and makes you feel energized. We spend one third of our life in sleep. Lack of sleep has been linked to many health problems. Less sleep can make the brain unable to function properly, which puts you at risk of becoming irritable. Bad sleeping habits can also be associated with depression and excessive swelling in the body.
- Benefits of getting a good night’s sleep
- Sleep is good for your heart health and reduces the chance of stroke in addition to heart attack.
- Sleep is not only important for physical health but is also beneficial for your mental well being.
- A good sleep routine will also help in combating depression, stress and even inflammation.
- It will also work to increase the work of your immune system and can give you freshness.
- This will help you to concentrate on work, which will increase your productivity more.
- Important tips for good sleep
- For a good sleep routine, make a schedule of sleeping and waking at the scheduled time, even follow on holidays.
- Avoid the use of caffeine and alcohol and do not watch TV and use mobiles an hour before bedtime.
- Try to ensure the proper temperature of the room and try to make the bedroom cool and dark.
- Contact a specialist if you have sleep problems and try to understand if you have sleep apnea.
How much sleep does each age group need
Group age time
Newborn 0-3 months 14-17 hours
Infant 4–11 months 12–15 hours
Child 1-2 years 11-14 hours
Pre school 3-5 years 10-13 hours
School age 6-13 years 9-11 hours
Teens 14–17 years 8–10 hours
Young adult 18-25 years 7-9 hours
Adult 26-64 years 7-9 hours
Older adults 65 years or more 7-8 hours
Millions of eczema patients expected from arthritis medicine, also being used in treatment of Kovid-19
Hypoglycemia: know the signs and symptoms of low blood sugar level, what are the remedies to overcome
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
Calculate The Age Through Age Calculator