Your attorney may be able to advise Termination Pay – Know Your Rights

advise Termination Pay

The Ministry of Labour sets the terms and conditions for employees that apply to all aspects of employment within the federal government. Applying to work with the ministry means you are agreeing to adhere to their policies and guidelines and agree not to pursue a claim for wages or compensation from an employer. Violating the terms and conditions set down by the ministry of labour can lead to serious consequences, including losing your ability to work in government jobs or the loss of your status as an employee. There are times when you may be eligible for ministry of labour severance pay.

Under the federal government’s regulations and rules it is mandatory for all employees who have been working with one of the employers for six months to have accepted the offer of employment from that employer termination pay. Failure to comply with this requirement of six months shall result in the loss of the worker’s status as an employee. If workers accept any settlement offered by their employer during this period of time, they will lose their right to continue making claims for compensation from their former employer. Any compensation received during this period is non-revenueable.

It is also important to remember that the ministry of labour does not have the power to settle any disputes between the employer and employees. If you feel that your rights have been violated during the time you worked, you should immediately consult an attorney. Your attorney may be able to advise you on the best course of action. If your dispute is not resolved satisfactorily with the ministry, you may be eligible for a payment from the Employment Tribunal. The tribunal can order the employer to compensate you for lost income and for the time and suffering you have endured while making repairs to your home or working at another location.

Your attorney may be able to advise Termination Pay – Know Your Rights

As per the workers compensation law, you are entitled to join a workers compensation scheme if you have been injured while at work. There is no limit on the number of times you can take up such a case. However, you must do so after consulting a lawyer. If your lawyer recommends you file for a claim, you must follow his advice. Do not proceed until your lawyer has advised you that your case has a strong chance of winning.

Before you decide to join a workers compensation scheme, make sure you are engaging the services of a reliable and reputed attorney. Try to find out whether the attorney is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSU). Also ensure that the attorney is registered with the Law Society of Lower Canada (LSRC). Enquire about fees and other charges payable. Find out if lawyers working with the scheme charge a flat fee or an hourly rate.

In Ontario, workers compensation laws apply to all types of employers, including private employers and those that come under the National Occupational Classification. This includes government employers such as the Toronto Catholic Board of Trustees, University of Toronto Provost and Convocation Parklands campus employers such as Humber College and York University. For private sector workers, the Ministry of Labour has created the Office of the Superintendent of Documents. To apply for workers compensation benefits, contact the office directly or visit the Workers Compensation Appeal Branch at the Ministry of Labour website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *